Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tu-Two

Happy Second Birthday, Mallory Isla Craig!

I can't believe my little girl is officially two...or you will be at 10:45 a.m.  I've held off saying that you were two for as long as I can, but I am afraid that in a couple of hours I will no longer be able to avoid it.
This past year of your life has brought your dad and I so much joy.  Our family has seen a lot of changes, and you have adapted and conquered them as they came.  You deal pretty well with life's curve balls and manage to keep that fantastic smile on your face. 

We moved from your native state to Texas this year.  You were pretty confused at first, but curious and it took about about 5 minutes for you to begin exploring. This year also brought you a new puppy, Otto, which you lovingly refer to as your "sweet buddy".  It is such a joy to listen to the two of you run around chasing each other endlessly.  You began to form sentences this year as well, and you figured out how to throw tantrums in an attempt to get what you want.  The tantrums improve as your language does though. You met time out this year, and some days you spend what seems like half the day there.  I hope when you are older you look at it as a time to reflect on your choices and the way they impact your life and those around you, although now, you just say it means you are in BIG TROUBLE. We started potty training this year, and moved to a big girl bed, and learned you were going to be a BIG sister.  You got fitted for your first pair of ballet shoes, ran a fever for the first time last week, and had your very first trip to the emergency room. 

You really enjoy painting, and create wonderful works of art; I have kept every single one of your masterpieces. Play-doh is another fave of yours and you happily tell me "Look, mommy I squish it" for hours. You ask me to go swimming every day as soon as you wake up, except this morning you wanted to ride your tricycle as soon as you woke, then asked to swim 20 minutes later.  We pray every night before bed, and tuck you in with your caterpillar blankie, otherwise you are restless.  You also have to make sure that you kiss every member of our family before bed.  You sing "I kiss mommy, I kiss daddy, I kiss Pearl, I kiss Otto". After you make sure to give us all a big warm hug that is almost as big and warm as your personality.  When we go to the park you love to slide and climb the most, and right now you are scared to swing.  You love to run fast and after what seems like several hundred laps, you stop, while breathing heavily and look at me and say, "I'm really fast, mommy".  And you are really fast! 

Your favorite foods right now are watermelon, strawberries, carrots, tomatoes, and pizza.  You STILL LOVE Bubble Guppies. Deema and Gil are your favorites.  We have seen every episode at least 20 times except now you are able to interact and answer questions the ask you. You also like to imitate the dance steps they show you and know which steps go to which song. You can count to ten consistently, and to 20 sometimes consistently and sometimes leaving out a number or two.  You have a fantastic attention span. 

Everyday, at some point, you tell me that your are precious.  You are precious, a precious little blessing to your dad and I.  We thank God for you every.single.day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment